The Edit ProTab page
The Edit ProTab page is where you manage the content, select the products, and change the settings for a new or existing ProTab.
The content panel
The first panel in the main column is where you manage the tab content. It shows the following settings:
- Set the tab title. The setting accepts Liquid code so you can have the title be translated, change based on certain conditions, display metafield data, and more.
- Set the type of content the tab shows. Controls for managing the content itself depend on the selected type and show below the setting.
The content types are:
- Add and format the tab content as rich text using the WYSIWYG editor. The editor accepts Liquid code so you can have the content change based on certain conditions, display metafield data, and more.
- Page content
- Add the tab content by selecting a page from the Online Store > Pages area of your shop admin. The content of the page will be the content of the tab.
- Legal content
- Add the tab content by selecting a page from the Legal pages area of your shop admin. The content of the page will be the content of the tab.
- App integration
Add an app as the tab content by enabling a built-in integration or, if the app doesn't have a built-in integration, by pasting the app code snippet in manually. Tabs currently has built-in integrations for:
- Add and format the tab content using raw HTML. The HTML Content area accepts Liquid code which makes the HTML type perfect for custom app integrations.
The 'Applies to' panel
The Applies to panel is where you select the products that show the tab.
When the All products option is selected, the tab shows for every product in the shop.
When the Some products option is selected, the tab shows for a group of products. The group of products is set using product collections, types, tags, and/or vendors.
Any or all
When the Products must match all of the following setting is unchecked, the tab shows for products that match ANY of the collections, types, tags or vendors.
When the Products must match all of the following setting is checked, the tab only shows for products that match ALL of the collections, types, tags or vendors.
The setting is disabled if it will make it impossible to show the tab, such as when two vendors are added. Products can belong to either vendor but not both at the same time so checking the setting would prevent the tab from appearing anywhere.
In the image above, the Products must match all of the following setting is unchecked so the tab shows for products that are in the Benches collection OR in the Tables collection OR have the sale tag.
In the image above, the Products must match all of the following setting is checked so the tab only shows for products that are in Benches collection AND in the Tables collection AND have the sale tag.
The 'Exceptions' panel
The Exceptions panel is where you select the products that do not show the tab.
Instead of being very specific with products in the Applies to panel, you may find it easier to be more general and then use the exceptions list to prevent the tab from showing on certain products.
The status panel
The status panel at the top of the sidebar shows the following settings:
Set the visibility of the tab.
When Active, the tab shows in the shop.
When Draft, the tab does not show in the shop.
Setting the Status to Draft is helpful when you want to work on the content without it being visible to the public or if you'll need the tab again in the future, such as for a seasonal promotion.
The Label setting can be used to make the tab more identifiable in the ProTabs list. It's especially helpful for tabs that have the same name but are otherwise different (e.g. show for different products).
The Label is visible to you only, it does not appear anywhere in your shop.
The 'Language' panel
The Language panel is where you can select the language that shows the tab.
By default, the tab shows for All languages. If a language is selected then the tab only shows when the shop is viewed in that language.
The language selector has options for common languages as well as an option for Other language… where you can manually set the language using its IETF language tag.
The 'Position' panel
The Position panel is where you can set the exact position for the tab in a tab set.
For example, when you set the Position to 2 the tab will always show as the second tab in the tab set.
The Position setting should only be used when you want the ProTab to show in front of tabs created from the product description.
If two or more tabs in a set have the same position then it will only apply to the one that comes first in the ProTabs list.